Who We Are
Proudly Mexican, food chain GRUMA is the global leader of corn flour production, tortillas, and other flatbreads worldwide.
GRUMA has experienced exceptional growth worldwide with operations in America, Europe, Asia and Oceania with 79 production plants, and a strong presence in 112 countries across the globe, with its global brands, MASECA and MISSION, along with a large selection of local brands.
Thanks to innovation and the use of new technologies, GRUMA has expanded its portfolio of products and services to cater to different lifestyles, cultures and needs of its customers and consumers in every country where it does business.
GRUMA has always been known for its strong entrepreneurial vision to reach all corners of the world where it has become a successful business organization focused on contributing to the improvement of the quality of life of its Human Capital, and its customers.
GRUMA is a socially responsible company that supports the development of the communities in which it operates by consistently offering high quality products all families can afford, creating jobs, reinvesting profits, implementing environmentally friendly practices, and encouraging education and advancement without neglecting its continued growth.
Since its foundation 65 years ago and its clear vision for sustainable growth, its focus on value creation, technology, infrastructure and renewed strategy, GRUMA is optimistic about the future, and is committed to building a new phase in which the principles and values that have shaped it now allow it to overcome the challenges it could face looking forward.
Semolina Azteca Milling is part of GRUMA's Milling Division.
■ Established in 1993, SEMOLINA is a market leader in the dry maize milling industry. The company as a globally approved supplier for all leading multi nationals and international brands around the globe is exporting to over 25 countries. Joining The GRUMA Family in 2011, the worldwide leader in corn flour and tortilla production with 111 facilities around the world , SEMOLINA has become dry maize milling technology and innovation hub for AZTECA Milling Europe. Together with its milling operations in Italy and Ukraine AZTECA Milling Europe has become a network of maize milling power houses with a total of 400.000 tons per year milling capacity and the most sophisticated and diverse clientele.
■ The network of milling operations serving over 45 countries is built upon the know-how and experience gathered through three decades of service supplying a wide variety of tailor made maize milling products to the highest quality and service expectations. As a result of continuous development and investment in the state of the art technology and highest quality standards, The Azteca Milling Network continues to serve as a global solution partner for the challenging investments in the developing countries.
- Integrity: We take responsibility for our work; we take accountability for our results; we trust others to do the same.
- Excellence: We strive for the highest quality in products, people and processes. We set standards we are proud of and continuously improve.
- Proximity: We build enduring relationships by understanding the needs of our consumers, customers and suppliers. We treat one another with fairness and respect.
- Nourishment: We feed our success nurturing the well-being of our consumers, ourselves, our neighbours and the environment.
Every Company is different and has special features that make it unique. We also have ours:
- Flexibility: We like being flexible. We are curious to better understand what our customers need and to customize our products according to their requirements.
- Passion: We are passionate about what we do. We like doing important things enjoying ourselves!
- Experience: We pursue stability. At Semolina Azteca we hardly have turnover of our staff. Our key positions are covered by workers and employees that often have up to 25 years of experience. So, when young manpower enters our family, competence and incentives are available for a successful integration.
- Improvement: We are always open to improve ourselves. We feel that the world goes too fast to stay still.